Fundamental TruthsThe House Modesto
- The Scriptures are inspired by God and declared His design and plan for mankind.
- There is only one true God, revealed in the Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, as God’s Son, Jesus, who was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, man willingly fell to sin, ushering evil and death, physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation, accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness of sin.
The practice of two ordinances:
- Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation.
- Holy Communion (The Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- The initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit (separate from the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at salvation) is “speaking in tongues,” as experienced on the Day of Pentecost as referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also is a progressive, lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more like Christ.
- The church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe the church is the Body of Christ and consists of people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the church. The Bible teaches that each of us, under leadership, must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up the body of believers, the church.
- Divine healing is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- The Blessed Hope is when Jesus raptures His church prior to His return to earth (second coming). At this future moment in time, all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ, when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. The Millennial Reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- A final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to punishment in a lake of fire.
- We look forward to the perfect New Heaven and New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on earth. “And so shall we forever be with the Lord!”